Your professional development strategy combines all of the skill sets required to be extraordinarily competent and innovative in today’s digital business ecosystem.
At the top of my list is cross-functional collaboration. As today’s workforce environments become increasingly virtual and often involve remote work teams, your professional development strategy needs to focus on how well you collaborate with others.
Second on my list is developing a collaborative mindset for customer discovery process, including interviewing for new career opportunities. Interviewing is all about discovery, in my playbook. You are just as responsible for interviewing the interviewers as they are for interviewing you.
Third on my list is understanding how you, your team and your company create customer success. Capture and articulate the value of how you innovate on behalf of your customers to sustain their companies. Customer success should be top-of-mind when collaborating on problem-solving.
Once again, thank you for letting me know your thoughts on the posts I created for you this month. Our conversations continue to be an ongoing source of inspiration for my writing, coaching and speaking.
All the best,
- One #Business Skill You Cannot Function Without
- What I do before developing #Team Project #Strategy
- #Sales #Engineering #Collaboration is Frustrating!
- #Collaboration Compensation for #B2B #Workforce Development
- Leveraging Interview Roadmap Questions – Part 2
- Interview Roadmaps target #EmployeeAdvocates – Part 3
- Hire Competitive Allies from #Business Competitors
- #Business Pivot Reality Checks Work
- Anatomy of a Gig Economy Resume
- Create #SMB #CustomerSuccess Stories – Part 1
- Telling #SMB #CustomerSuccess Stories – Part 2
- Leverage #SMB #CustomerSuccess Stories to Grow Business – Part 3
- #IT #Tech Support #Teams catalyze Line of #Business Value
- #IT Operations Teams impact Internal #CustomerRetention
Babette Ten Haken is a management consultant, strategist and coach. She is the Founder and President of Sales Aerobics for Engineers®, LLC. Babette has one of the most distinctive voices in today’s workforce, professional development and customer success communities. She traverses the interface between human capital strategy for hiring and developing collaborative technical and non-technical employees. Babette’s playbook of technical / non-technical collaboration hacks, Do YOU Mean Business? is available on Amazon.