Addressing unmet client needs is the key to designing the products, services, programs and systems which best serve customers. Over the long-haul. When client retention is the objective.
Yet the strategic business stories you tell often do not address those long-term, stated or unstated client needs. Why do you continue to play it safe and comfortable?
- First, the traditional buying and selling or engineering and design stories you tell stop short of being proactive and anticipatory about client wants and needs. Today, Tomorrow and Future-Forward.
- Then, these stories are products- and services- focused. As a result, these stories promote you as the engineering or selling hero or heroine, as well as the capabilities of your own organization in meeting specific client outcomes.
- End of story. The client never truly sees themselves, and their voice, reflected in the designs and outcomes you propose.
When there is no connection, clients do not feel compelled to do business with you.
When strategic business stories do not address unmet client needs, your clients do not buy, buy into or comply with your proposed solutions.
As a result, the solutions you propose sound like everyone else’s. Instead of speaking from a voice of differentiated and purpose-driven value. Are you willing to take that risk and opportunity on behalf of better serving your clients, today, tomorrow and future-forward?
- These days, the velocity of change in our business environments ensures that today’s solutions better be nimble, yet robust and enduring. To get our clients to where they need to go, with us, one millimeter at a time.
- Your clients wonder whether you are willing to propose the one bit of change that will differentiate their own purpose and value to their own clients.
- Do you play it safe or are you willing to get a bit messy and uncomfortable, on behalf of better serving your clients, over the long haul?
These are the stories your clients are waiting for you to discover and tell them. Real-deal, boots on the ground stories. About the customer experiences they need to hear and the things they need to know. So they trust they will get to where they need to go. With you, together. One millimeter at a time.
Tune-up your existing strategic business stories with a laser consulting session. Click here to get turbo-charged and focused on telling the stories your clients cannot wait to hear. Let’s grow your business together.
Hi there! Thanks for visiting my blog. I’m glad you’re here. I leverage design-driven storytelling to translate across communication disconnects between people and professional disciplines to build Trust. Together, we optimize the strategic business and human capital value of your people and your organization.
- Contact me here.Let’s storytell. To get to where you need to go. Together. One millimeter at a time.
- I have some great tools in my book, Do YOU Mean Business?to help you discover the untold stories living somewhere in your organization.
Image source: Adobe Stock