There’s a whole desert of business strategy sand out there. Waiting for you to hide your head in. Why?
Because tomorrow’s business strategies are overwhelming. And, you tend to think about the entire strategy, simultaneously. Instead of pondering the smallest decision you can make, today, to get you to where you need to go: tomorrow and future-forward. Together. One millimeter at a time.
Consequently, the easy decision is to re-bury your head in today’s business strategy sand. Keep doing things the same way which seemed to work out, yesterday.
In other words, you take no action. And, taking no action achieves zero strategic results. Since the velocity of change impacting today’s digitally-interconnected business environments keeps moving on, with you or without you.
Instead, let’s get started taking those one millimeter steps forward, together, shall we?
- First, create your own strategic sandbox, just like those startups and organizational intrapreneurial teams do. No matter what the size of your business.
- Next, consider that the strategic sandbox you create is tailor-made for your business alone.
- Then, identify the unique and differentiating problems that only you solve and deliver to clients.
- Thus, eliminate the importance of solutions you currently provide which competitors easily – and cheaply – duplicate.
There! What does the view from your own strategic sandbox look like? Do you realize you did not have to dig yourself out of the hole you are in? All it takes is lifting up your head and taking a solid look around.
Now, start doing the work to leverage what differentiates you within all the business strategy sand out there. Because the story about the work you and your people do, together, is the strategic story you tell. Attract and retain employees and clients committed to the value you consistently bring to their business tables.
- Think about whether you need to hire different employees, with new skill sets. Or, can you re-skill current employees, even if they are reluctant to learn new things?
- Then, do you have the technology and equipment solutions in place to consistently deliver the solutions which differentiate you? What deliverables will you need to outsource? And, can you use the same folks, as always? Or, will you discover new suppliers whose heads are out of the sand, as well?
- Ponder how taking action impacts your strategic business model: today, tomorrow and moving forward. What new skills and mindset will you, as a leader, need to acquire to get to where you need to go? One millimeter at a time. Together.
Finally, schedule a brief discovery call with me by clicking this link. Determine how the smallest decisions you and your employees make, together, can have a huge impact on your business growth.
I appreciate your visiting my blog and website! My One Millimeter Mindset™ design-driven storytelling programs translate across communication disconnects between people and professional disciplines. Build trust as you wrestle with today’s continuously changing technical and regulatory environments. Optimize strategic business and human capital value in your organizations. Get everyone to where they need to go. Together. One millimeter at a time.
- Planning your next team, corporate or association meeting? Engage me to present one of my One Millimeter Mindset ™ speaking programs, workshops or mastermind groups. Let’s build your business strategy sandbox together!
- Contact me here. Let’s storytell. To get to where you need to go. Together. One millimeter at a time.
- I have some great tools in my book, Do YOU Mean Business? to help you discover the untold stories living somewhere in your organization.
Image source: Getty Images / iStock