Today, let’s ideate together. Take a deep breath. Relax. Let’s innovate.
What happens to your revenue stream when employees stop fixing what people buy? Because clients are not sold what they really need. When internal teams actively drive revenue? Instead of serving as order-takers buried in departments traditionally perceived as cost-centers.
Because by now, you down-sized your business and hiring strategies. And you are stuck. Unable to imagine how to do more for clients today, tomorrow and moving forward. Since you think you now offer them less. Consider that pre-Covid business and hiring models can unintentionally reinforce a workforce of employees fixing what people buy. Because clients are not sold what they really need, in the first place.
When employees are busy fixing what people buy, they limit their value to executing specific tools to get a one-off job done in linear manner.
- Also, when salespeople are more lucratively compensated to be client-acquirers, not client-retainers, they have limited post-sale attention spans.
- What happens when your company deconstructs what separates people functionally? Alternatively, what happens when your company reconstructs people integrally and cross-functionally?
Consider the impact of fixing what is broken on employee and client experience, success, and retention. During the time-to-cash cycle, a lot of communication disconnects happen, negatively impacting client success.
Now, let’s reverse-engineer the mindset holding you back from moving forward. How can you do more with greater employee cross-functionality? Working with what and whom you have, today, to get to where you need to go tomorrow and moving forward. Instead of a business model full of sellers-and-fixers, you now have a workforce-wide network of revenue-generators. All dedicated to retaining clients.
I translate across unprofitable and unproductive communication and collaboration disconnects between the business-operations continuum. You know. The ones which cost your business time and money in costly recalls and reworks. Ready to take action with a complementary 15-minute discovery call? Contact me right here.
- Not necessarily because of your company’s lack of integrity or acumen.
- And not necessarily because the project was overpromised and underspecified. (Then again…)
- But because project complexity changes during the time a contract arrives in-house and exits your business and enters your client’s house. As one area changes, the complexity of other outcomes are impacted. Who in your organization understands how critical complexity is to client success and retention? What happens when everyone understands, together?
Smart companies like yours focus on getting it right, the first time. Selling clients what they really need to get them to where they really need to go. So their growing revenue stream is the result of revenue-generating employees. Regardless of job titles, pay grades, levels of education, generations, professional disciplines. All co-invested in better serving each other, first, so they better serve clients, together. One millimeter at a time. So everyone gets to where they need to go.
Time to (finally) take action? Click on this link. Schedule a 15-minute complementary discovery call today. Shift happens, productively and profitably. One millimeter at a time. Together.
I translate across unprofitable and unproductive communication and collaboration disconnects between the business-operations continuum. I am a card-carrying STEM professional and left-brain thinker specializing in cross-functional leadership, new product development and professional innovation. My One Millimeter Mindset™ virtual and in-person speaking programs get everyone to where they need to go, together: one millimeter at a time. Build trust to retain employees and clients co-invested in each other’s success. My playbook of cross-functional tools, Do YOU Mean Business? is available on Amazon.com. Contact me right here.
Image source: Adobe Stock
Leave a Reply