How do changing client needs impact the solutions you provide? Regardless of whether you are a B2B or B2C company. And regardless of whether you are an internal or external client.
Let’s say an existing client recontracts you for what you assume is repeat business. Except you discover they are not quite in the same professional place you left them, last time you worked together. Their business model is changing post-pandemic. So are their budget and expectations about outcomes.
What is the impact of this scenario on your own business model and deliverables, moving forward?
- Will you continue to propose your existing, comfortable, solutions to meet their evolving needs? Or will you propose a different, less-chosen, set of solutions?
- Alternatively, what happens when client needs move beyond your current professional capabilities or capacity? Will you upskill and reskill and establish a limited partnership with trusted sub-contractors? Or will you refer the existing client to someone else, moving forward?
- Then again, if changing client needs surprise to you, you are not listening to your client’s voice(s).
The post-pandemic business ecosystem will present us with a landscape of changing client needs. Are you positioning to meet what is new and next?
Consider how you spent your time during the pandemic. How did your colleagues spend their time? Subsequently, did you all upskill and reskill, earning new certifications? Also, did you explore new professional capabilities requiring non-linear, cross-functional thinking? How about venturing outside the confines of your departmental silo and professional mindset to challenge how you solve problems, together?
- What is the collective impact of how each of you have changed, when combined together to better serve clients? Will you serve each other differently, as a team, moving forward?
- What solutions can you now provide to clients, which you were not able to provide before the pandemic? How do these new deliverables impact strategic business and human capital value?
Then, take the next steps to discover the place you all have landed, together. Assess your collaborative professional baseline, moving forward. Contact me here. My colleague and I created a new, fresh, voice of the customer template. Define your professional landscape and your trajectory for 2021. Together.
Planning your next team, corporate or association meeting? Searching for a one-on-one catalyst to get you unstuck? Engage me to present a One Millimeter Mindset ™ program! Delivered virtually or in-person. Contact me here.
Babette Ten Haken | Change Catalyst | Purpose-Driven Professional Innovation | Cross-Functional Team Leadership | Trust-Based Client Retention | In Person & Virtual Speaker, Consultant, Coach, Author |
Babette Ten Haken, Founder & President of One Millimeter Mindset™ Speaking & Consulting, catalyzes trust-based, purpose-driven, cross-functional leadership. She leverages Voice of the Customer and storytelling to translate across communication and collaboration disconnects impacting successful business outcomes across people and professional disciplines. Babette is a cross-functional business-oriented STEM professional, qualitative Voice of the Customer facilitator, and Six Sigma Green Belt (Quality). She is a member of the ASQ, SHRM, PMI, the National Speakers Association. Her playbook of cross-functional collaboration, Do YOU Mean Business? is available on Amazon.com. Contact Babette here. Image source: Adobe Stock.