Leading better internal customer experiences, together, are mission-critical to creating successful project environments.
As you head forward towards your post-pandemic workplace, consider the sum total of your experiences as internal customers of each other during the past year. First, because your collective expectations as internal customers of each other have changed. Next, ask yourselves whether you are aware of the impact of these changes on how you work?
Also, realize each of you experiences something slightly different during the pandemic. Then, put yourself in your team mates’ shoes. Even as you upskill and reskill, you can experience loss of family members and friends. Or the job you once loved is no longer sustainable due to your employer’s inability to remain viable.
Whether you choose to sweep these experiences under your emotional and experiential table, or not, you are different. Thus, recognizing how professional change is manifested, together, is key to creating more successful team environments.
Better serve each other, as internal customers, first. Get to where you really need to go, together. One millimeter at a time.
Each of you has a role to play in leading better internal customer experiences, moving forward.
- Evaluate how cross functional collaboration and communication acumen drives the quality of internal customer experiences.
- Then asses how these skills always are premium vehicles for delivering better and better customer-focused outcomes.
- Also, acknowledge that cross functional collaboration traverses across job titles, pay grades, levels of education, generations or professional disciplines. True collaboration always does.
So before your own expectations about collaborative team experiences crash up against everyone else’s – including your corporate culture – read these 3 blog posts. By better serving each other, first, you better serve – and retain – customers (and each other), together.
- Everyone Is An Internal Client Of Everyone Else. Who Are Yours?
- Leverage Internal Stakeholders To Drive Customer Experience
- 2 Ways Internal Client Experiences Are Key To External CXs
Then, reflect on what you have read. How can the internal customer experiences you create, in your very capable hands, yield better human capital and strategic business value? Together. One millimeter at a time. Contact me here and let’s discuss together.
Finally, take these next steps towards professional innovation, cross functional collaboration and creating business cases around projects built upon mutual Trust.
- Searching for a one-on-one catalyst to get you unstuck?
- Planning your next team, corporate or association meeting?
- Engage me to present a One Millimeter Mindset ™ program! Delivered virtually or in-person. Contact me
Babette Ten Haken | Change Catalyst | Purpose-Driven Professional Innovation | Cross-Functional Team Leadership | Trust-Based Client Retention | In Person & Virtual Speaker, Consultant, Coach, Author |
Babette Ten Haken, Founder & President of One Millimeter Mindset™ Speaking & Consulting, catalyzes trust-based, purpose-driven, cross-functional leadership. She leverages Voice of the Customer and storytelling to translate across communication and collaboration disconnects impacting successful business outcomes across people and professional disciplines. Babette is a cross-functional business-oriented STEM professional, qualitative Voice of the Customer facilitator, and Six Sigma Green Belt (Quality). She is a member of the ASQ, SHRM, PMI, the National Speakers Association. Her playbook of cross-functional collaboration, Do YOU Mean Business? is available on Amazon.com. Contact Babette here. Image source: Adobe Stock.