Babette Ten Haken’s One Millimeter Mindset® Storytelling Workshops for STEM Professionals and Left Brain Thinkers expand upon her keynote speaking programs. Start building a storytelling culture within your organization or association. Showcase and leverage purpose-driven communication. Bridge disconnects caused by job titles, pay grades, levels of education and generations. Get everyone to where they need to go: Together.
When we give ourselves permission to move one millimeter beyond the risk (and comfort) of “how we always tell our stories,” we courageously tell the stories enhancing employee stakeholder and customer experiences, success and retention.
Interested in having me present to your organization or association? Please share more details on the Scheduler form at the bottom of this page. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 734.355.1118.
Workshop Title: Tell Your Story! Purpose-driven Branding for STEM Professionals & Left Brain Thinkers
“What do you do?” How do you respond when stakeholders and customers want to know more about you? What story do you tell on social profiles and your professional resume?
Redefine yourself by leveraging your professional purpose to tell your professional story. Discover the real depth and breadth you offer to stakeholders, employers, investors and customers. Better connect your purpose-driven story with those of the stakeholders and customers you serve Today, Tomorrow and in the Future. Differentiate yourself from all the other professionals who have the same job titles, academic backgrounds and certifications. Catalyze your career trajectory.
- Workshop length: 2.5 hours, half day and full day
- This workshop is perfect for: All career levels and educational levels of STEM professionals and left brain thinkers who need to update, upgrade and uplift their professional profiles in more than just words.
- Outcomes and Benefits: A career trajectory reflecting your true professional purpose: on resumes, through your performance and in project outcomes.
Workshop Title: Build Trust. Tell the Stories Employee Stakeholders and Customers really need to Hear!
Do stakeholders and customers trust the stories you tell? Or, do your stories fall short of connecting their culture with yours? Are you really telling stories? Or, are you narrating business cases to justify investment in your products and services, in anticipation of some sort of benefit and/or outcome? Discover the important differences.
Identify, capture and articulate your own stories and your team’s stories. Create more distinctive third party marketing collateral and technical use cases. Invite stakeholders to the storytelling table, regardless of job titles, pay grades or levels of education. Discover why courageous, compelling storytelling is part of a courageous, compelling human capital strategy.
- Workshop length: 2.5 hours, half day, full day and 8-week programs
- This workshop is perfect for: Technical and engineering startup teams, technical and engineering project teams, major account project teams and complex sales teams in Industry 4.0 environments, law, healthcare, banking, accounting and other STEM- related fields full of wonderful left brain thinkers.
- Outcomes and Benefits: Enhanced stakeholder success, improved cross-disciplinary and cross-educational collaboration and communication and increased workforce profitability.
Workshop Title: Differentiate Value. Create a Purpose-Driven Storytelling Culture throughout Your Organization.
Creating customer experience and generating revenue are part of everyone’s job responsibilities, regardless of job title, pay grade, level of education or generation. Yet, business and hiring models continue to separate employee stakeholders. STEM professionals and left brain thinkers often reside in cost-center silos. Right brain business professionals dwell in revenue-generator silos. And manual workers often feel they are intimidated, excluded or marginalized from being valued in any silo. Maintaining this model erodes workforce profitability, employee experience and employee and customer retention.
There is no better way to catalyze employee and customer success than storytelling. As Babette Ten Haken says: “Depending on where we sit around the table, we ‘see’ the same things, differently. Shouldn’t our differences become our strengths and opportunities to better serve each other, and our customers?” Create an organization-wide storytelling culture as the fulcrum for an innovative human capital strategy.
- Workshop length: half day, full day and 8-week programs.
- This workshop is perfect for: Organizations and associations who want to leverage a stronger human capital strategy to catalyze stakeholder success and customer retention. Particularly in Industry 4.0 manufacturing and service environments, law, healthcare, banking, accounting and other STEM- related fields.
- Outcomes and Benefits: A strategy for driving enhanced stakeholder success, improved cross-disciplinary and cross-educational collaboration and communication, workforce profitability and increased stakeholder, customer and membership retention.