My Millimeter Mindset® Storytelling Workshops expand my keynote and breakout session speaking programs into customized half and and full day workshop formats. Delivered virtually or in-person during these extraordinary times which are shaking up the paradigm of how we serve one another.
My mission and message for you remain the same:
- Leverage the professional behavior and mindset which positively impact your professional trajectory and how you tell your professional story, your legacy story.
- Transform your business and hiring models, created for yesterday, into compelling models with equally valuable stories made for what’s next in our dynamic, interconnected and continuously-changing business environments.
- Translate the story of how your organization drives strategic business and human capital value by creating Trust. Positively impact employee and client acquisition and retention when everyone is co-invested in their interconnected stories, together.
Why continue to rely on telling Yesterday’s stories to get you to where you, now, need to go? Let’s create your Signature Stories. Together. Regardless of whether you are a business of one, a small business or a department within a major organization. So we get to where we need to go. One millimeter at a time. Together.
Workshop Title: PROFESSIONAL INNOVATION. Storytelling for Purpose-Driven Value Differentiation.
Keywords: Professional Development, Communication, Leadership
How can you become more visible, relevant and valuable to your employer, strategic partners and clients? Especially when you are stuck in an order-taker role, when you really are an innovator. Or, you work in a department that leadership perceives as a cost-center, rather than a revenue-generator.
Today’s connected business and operations environments beg for cross-functionally comfortable, competent and confident professionals, who leverage both critical-thinking and innovative problem-solving skills: across the organization, not just within departmental silos.
“Babette’s workshop methodology got the student teams thinking about their projects differently, even considering how to pivot, why and when. ” ~ John McIntyre, President Life Science Advisors
Move one millimeter beyond legacy skill sets and professional mindsets, behaviors, biases and habits which keep you comfortably stuck. Create the purpose-driven professional story of how you deliver differentiated value to colleagues, partners and clients, time after time. Build, lead, transform and sustain your career trajectory. Get everyone to where they need to go: Together.
Related blog post: Why are You telling only Half Your Professional Story?
Outcomes and Benefits:
- Translate your mindset, skill sets and professional story across traditional communication disconnects between people and professional disciplines;
- Create more enduring, purpose-driven and client-focused outcomes by focusing beyond making your numbers or fulfilling key performance indicators; and
- Earn your seat at the leadership table, as you transform into a more visible, relevant and valuable Professional of Worth: not only within your own department but also throughout your organization.
This workshop is perfect for Professionals:
- Working in industries characterized by STEM professionals, left-brain thinkers and manual workers organized into multiple, and often disparate, departmental silos;
- Creating, managing and sustaining workforces for organizations experiencing slowing business growth and increasing employee and client churn; and
- Serving industries impacted by technology change and an organizational and workforce inability to scale competencies, from the shop floor to the C-Suite and across departmental silos.
Workshop Title: WORKFORCE INNOVATION. Create a Purpose-Driven Storytelling Culture to Create and Retain Successful Employees.
Keywords: Human Capital Strategy, Professional Diversity & Inclusion, Communication
Creating customer experience and generating revenue are part of everyone’s job responsibilities, regardless of job titles, pay grades, levels of education or generations. Yet, business and hiring models continue to separate employee stakeholders. STEM professionals and left brain thinkers often reside in cost-center silos. Right brain business professionals dwell in revenue-generator silos. And manual workers often feel they are intimidated, excluded or marginalized from being valued in any silo. Maintaining this model erodes workforce profitability, employee experience and employee and customer retention.
“Babette Ten Haken as one of a handful of top experts on the industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). She understands how IIoT technology drives down production and maintenance costs for manufacturers and, even more importantly, how it can provide organizations with a wealth of customer information.” ~ Tom Pick, Webbiquity
There is no better way to catalyze employee and customer success than storytelling. As Babette Ten Haken says: “Depending on where we sit around the table, we ‘see’ the same things, differently. Shouldn’t our differences become our strengths and opportunities to better serve each other, and our customers?” Create an organization-wide storytelling culture as the fulcrum for an innovative human capital strategy. Attract and retain employees co-invested in the stories they build within your organization.
Related blog post: Are Your Employees invested in Your Company Story?
Outcomes and Benefits:
- Create a strategy that begins at hiring and onboarding, to drive employee development and stakeholder success.
- Improve cross-disciplinary and cross-educational collaboration and communication, regardless of employee job titles, pay grades, levels of education and generations.
- Shift the perceived value of the human resource department from cost-center to human capital strategy innovator.
This workshop is perfect for Professionals:
- Working in organizations and associations who want to design human capital strategy-based hiring models to attract and retain employees.
- Wrestling with current and future workforce capacity to handle the increasingly technical nature of today’s business and manufacturing environments.
- Experiencing increased employee churn due to lack of / decrease in professional diversity and inclusion due to employee behavioral biases in professional disciplines.
Workshop Title: BUSINESS GROWTH. Tell the Stories Employee Stakeholders and Customers really need to Hear!
Keywords: Communication, Customer Retention, Strategic Partnerships, Business Growth
Do stakeholders and customers trust the stories you tell? Or, do your stories fall short of connecting their culture with yours? Are you really telling stories? Or, are you narrating business cases to justify investment in your products and services, in anticipation of some sort of benefit and/or outcome? Discover the important differences.
” I highly recommend hiring Babette if you are looking for a professional speaker/ author who is invested in the success of your event and will take time to understand your organization’s needs.” ~ Cheron Freeman, President-Elect, ICF Michigan
Identify, capture and articulate your own stories and your team’s stories. Create more distinctive third party marketing collateral and technical use cases. Invite stakeholders to the storytelling table, regardless of job titles, pay grades or levels of education. Discover why leveraging your Signature Storytelling Culture becomes a key component of your organization’s human capital strategy. When everyone gets to where they need to go, together, you create one of the greatest human experiences of all: Trust.
Related blog post: A Bold Client Retention Strategy leverages Stakeholder Diversity
Outcomes and Benefits:
- Improve the productivity and profitability of post-sale customer experience due to greater employee engagement across pay grades, job titles, levels of education and generations.
- Increase employee, stakeholder, partner and client success and retention due to improved cross-disciplinary education, collaboration and communication.
- Leverage a purpose-driven storytelling culture to innovate business and hiring models.
This workshop is perfect for Companies and Associations:
- Experiencing slowed or stalled growth due to client base composition.
- Depending on business and hiring models which marginalize employees, stakeholders, strategic partners and clients.
- Ignoring the value of home-grown storytelling to catalyze employee and client engagement and retention.
- How I can best serve your next organization or association event?
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 734.355.1118.
- Read more about Babette Ten Haken’s story.
- Branded and unbranded speaker one-sheets available upon request.
- Please share more details on the Scheduler form below.