Storytelling is the hallmark of humanity. Yet, how often do our professional resumes, startup pitches, business cases and customer stories stop – just when they need to continue? And, how frequently do we entrust storytelling – and our professional trajectory – to “someone else,” internal or external to our organization?
When we give ourselves permission to move one millimeter beyond the risk (and comfort) of “how we always tell our stories,” we courageously tell the stories stakeholders really need to hear. The stories which enhance stakeholder and customer experiences and drive stakeholder and customer success and retention.
Babette Ten Haken’s One Millimeter Mindset™ Storytelling Workshops for STEM Professionals and Left Brain Thinkers showcase how understanding your professional purpose, and telling your own story, become the keys to professional innovation, business growth and stakeholder and customer retention.
Interested in having me present to your organization or association? Please share more details on the Scheduler form at the bottom of this page. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 734.355.1118.
Babette Ten Haken’s One Millimeter Mindset™ storytelling keynote speaking programs and workshops are forged by her own background as a STEM design thinker, Six Sigma Green Belt and Voice of the Customer facilitator. A member of SME, ASQ, SHRM and the National Speakers Association, Babette’s collaboration playbook, Do YOU Mean Business? is available on Amazon.com and is a Top Sales World Top 50 Sales Book (2015, 2017, 2018). She is a Cloud Top 100 Global Power Influencer and a Top Sales World Top 50 Marketing & Sales Influencer & Blogger, 2013-2018.
Workshop Title: Tell Your Story! Purposeful Branding for STEM Professionals and Left Brain Thinkers.
- Workshop length: 2.5 hours, half day and full day
- This workshop is perfect for: All career levels and educational levels of STEM professionals and left brain thinkers who need to update, upgrade and uplift their professional profiles in more than just words.
- Outcomes: A career trajectory reflecting your true professional purpose: on resumes, through your performance and in project outcomes.
Title: Start telling the Stories Your Stakeholders and Customers really need to hear.
- Workshop length: 2.5 hours, half day, full day and 8-week programs
- This workshop is perfect for: Technical and engineering startup teams, technical and engineering project teams, major account project teams and complex sales teams in Industry 4.0 environments, law, healthcare, banking, accounting and other STEM- related fields full of wonderful left brain thinkers.
- Outcomes: Enhanced stakeholder success, improved cross-disciplinary and cross-educational collaboration and communication and increased workforce profitability.
Title: Create a Storytelling Culture for Your Organization
The tag team of customer experience and revenue generation are everyone’s job responsibilities. However, business and hiring models continue to separate stakeholders. STEM professionals and left brain thinkers fall within cost-center silos. Right brain business professionals dwell within revenue-generator silos. And, who knows where to place the manual workers in your organization? What is the workforce profitability of maintaining that tack?
There is no better way to catalyze cross-functional and cross-educational communication and collaboration than by storytelling. As Babette Ten Haken says: “Depending on where we sit around the table, we ‘see’ the same things, differently. Shouldn’t our differences become our strengths and opportunities to better serve each other, and our customers?” Create an organization-wide storytelling culture as the fulcrum for implementing an innovative human capital strategy.
- Workshop length: half day, full day and 8-week programs.
- This workshop is perfect for: Organizations and associations who want to leverage a stronger human capital strategy to catalyze stakeholder success and customer retention. Particularly in Industry 4.0 manufacturing and service environments, law, healthcare, banking, accounting and other STEM- related fields full of wonderful left brain thinkers.
- Outcomes: A strategy for driving enhanced stakeholder success, improved cross-disciplinary and cross-educational collaboration and communication, workforce profitability and increased stakeholder, customer and membership retention.